Sunday, February 2, 2014

................................................................2014: THE VISION....................................................



         I have spent the last few weeks of December 2013 and most of January 2014 seeking God's guidance for this new year.  I have been living in Juarez, Mexico for  2 1/2 years and I feel that the Lord wants me to open up new ground.  This is not to say that I will stop doing what I am already doing in Juarez.  At the end of 2013 I, along with three other men, went to the State Capital of Chihuahua to minister to a group of men at a two-day Men's Conference.  The Conference went very well; even better than my own expectations.  Later I was asked to speak during the Sunday morning service at the church where the Conference was held.  This event opened the doors to other such events and I also felt the need to do this more often.
 
I want to quickly give you an overview of the doors that are being opened for ministry.  But first of all I want to share the new things that I feel the Lord is leading me to do in Juarez.  The vision for 2014 takes the call FORWARD and HIGHER, without borders, limits, or boundaries.
 
Right now the main thing that the Lord has put in my heart is to prepare a group of believers to evangelize a neighborhood (we call these neighborhoods Colonias).  I have been praying about this for over a month.  I am to set up in a church, a store front, or a house in one of the most dangerous Colonias in Juarez and prepare a team to go into the streets to reach the lost (of course, I will have to move and live in this area).  The team does not necessarily have to be made up of mature Christians.  If I have to win them to Christ first and then teach them to evangelize the lost it will be even better.  Those that say that this sounds too dangerous or impossible do not understand the call of God, His never ending desire to reach the lost, and His divine protection over us.  I have no fears about doing this; I am actually very excited about it.  I realize that this is going to be a leap of faith, but hey, I'm already living in Juarez, Mexico.  I have sought the counsel of others, including some Pastors in Juarez.  They are behind me all the way and they are praying for me as well.  I am not looking to build a new church, although it's fine with me if that's what the Lord eventually leads me into.  However, I do not think that I am supposed to go into full time Pastoral work.  I would rather train and raise up men and women to go to other local churches to be a catalyst for the Lord's work there. The evangelism technique will be very unique.  I will explain that in another blog post.  I have been driving around in some very dangerous Colonias and streets seeking God's guidance for a place.  I ask my dear brothers and sisters in the Lord who constantly pray for me to cover me more with their prayers concerning this new adventure in Jesus.
 
In other areas, the men that I have worked with in the past will be doing more speaking in the Churches of Juarez.  We will be doing indoor and outdoor evangelism.  The Lord has also opened the door for ministry in the State Prison system.  We will be traveling throughout the State of Chihuahua in the months to come to speak to prisoners.  A few weeks ago I was at the jail in Juarez visiting a young man that I have known for many years.  We were able to attend the Libre En Cristo Iglesia (Free in Christ Church), located at the jail campus.  When I walked into the sanctuary the service had already started and the power of God was so intense that all I could do was stand by the back pew, close my eyes, and feel my tears run down my face.  The inmates were all standing and worshipping the Lord like I had never seen before.  I did not want to move; I did not want to leave. 
 
Our team will also be traveling and holding conferences for Pastors and their wives.  We have invitations that will take us outside of the City of Juarez and the State of Chihuahua.  We do not charge or take offerings for any of these outreaches.  We cover all the expenses.
 
The team has also been invited to travel to Mindanao, Philippines this summer.  This is the largest  island  in the Southern part of The Philippines.  Mindanao is much more dangerous that Juarez, Mexico.  It is about 50% Muslim, meaning that if a Christian does any evangelical work in the streets they are likely to get bombed.  Many churches in Mindanao are blown up and the people must start the work from scratch.  In Juarez most of the murders are over drugs and money; in Mindanao most of the murders are over religion.  Christians in Mindanao live in fear.  Pastors and the churches in Mindanao need to be encouraged.  This invitation to the Philippines is something that I am leaving in the hands of the Lord.  The trip takes from 25 to 30 hours travel time and I will need approximately $3,000 for expenses.  The Lord will have to supply the funds if I am to go.  If we make the trip it will be for about 2 to 3 weeks.  
 
I want to refer to the blog entry of August 15, 2013.  My connection and love for Pastors Jose Manuel and Maria Dolores has gotten deeper.  I know that the Lord is going to bring many special blessings to Juarez through their church and ministry.  They need a lot of help to keep going forward with God's vision for them.  This coming June a team from River Of Life Church, in Judsonia, Arkansas will be coming to Juarez for a week.  We will be doing a lot of work in this church as well as a few other places.  In the meantime I will continue to help these Pastors with the work that the Lord has called them to do.  
 
People in Juarez are still puzzled about the fact that their brothers and sisters in the Lord from the United States, who used to visit them long ago, have all but abandoned them during their worst time of need.  The churches here have been forced to look only to the Lord for their survival.  But the needs are unspeakable.  There is still a lot of suffering even though the crime  rate has fallen.  We need a lot of help here and we need for the teams to return.  Anyone interested in bringing a team to Juarez, Mexico may contact me.
 
My daughter Victoria graduates from High School this year and I will be going to Arkansas for that proud moment.  It looks like it will be a busy year with lots of traveling.
 
I wish to once again thank all those who form a hedge of prayer around me and the work that the Lord has called me to do.  I am forever grateful to those who sacrifice with their financial support to keep me in Juarez.  We are all part of this Jesus team!


Please forward this blog to friends and relatives.

 
God's richest blessings to all.
 
 


Daniel Torres
650 Linwood Drive
El Paso, Texas 79928
501-827-7679
d_torres53@yahoo.com

For Tax Credit send contributions to:
Covenant Fellowship
P.O. Box  8126
Searcy, Arkansas 72415


P.S.  I met a lady at the poorest of Colonias in Juarez whose right leg had been amputated about a month ago due to a severe infection.  She appears to be about 30-35 years old.  I have found an organization that will provide her with a prosthesis for just over $500.  Considering the choice of sitting in a wheelchair or being able to walk, $500 is a very small price to pay.  I have spoken to a representative of this organization and she will have to wait 5 more months for her leg to heal up and for the swelling to go completely down before they can fit her with the prosthesis.  Anyone wanting to help her please contact me.  I have pictures of her but they are poor quality. I will take better ones soon.  Gracias.  










No comments:

Post a Comment